Six Steps to a Better Credit Score
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Notice/Acceptance of Terms
2. Access to the Site
In order to use the Site, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access Web-based content and pay any service fees associated with such access. System availability and access to the services available on this Site may be limited or unavailable for reasons which may include, without limitation, system performance. COMPANY makes no representations, warranties or assurances as to the availability of the Site.
3. Restrictions on Use
You may not print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, audio clips, video clips and other content that is made available to you on this Site, for other than your personal information.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not:
1. include such content in or with any product or service that you create or distribute;
2. reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, rent, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site;
3. establish: (i) a hyperlink, including a deep link, to any page or location on the Site; or (ii) a frame containing any portion of the Site, on any other Web site or text document with hyperlink capabilities without the express written permission of the Company;
4. copy such content onto your or any other Web site or publication; or
5. direct any other person to do any of the foregoing.
Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring any right under any intellectual property of COMPANY, its affiliates or any other person or entity owning the intellectual property in the content provided on this Site.
4. Intellectual Property
All COMPANY trademarks that appear on the Site are the exclusive property of COMPANY. The trademarks, trade names, trade dress and associated products and services represented on this Site are protected under United States and international law and their display on this Site does not convey or create any license or other rights in these trademarks, trade names, trade dress and associated products and services. Any use of them without prior written authorization of COMPANY or the relevant trademark owner is strictly prohibited.
Any third party trademarks mentioned on this Site which are not those of COMPANY are the trademarks of their respective owners. The display of these trademarks or trade names on this Site does not convey or create any license or other rights in these trademarks or trade names. Any unauthorized use of those third party trademarks is strictly prohibited.
Any unauthorized copying, redistribution, reproduction or modification of the contents of this Site by any person may be a violation of federal, state or common law trademark and/or copyright laws, and could subject such person to legal action.
5. Modifications to Site
COMPANY reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) from time to time, for any or no reason and without notice. You agree that COMPANY shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. The information and materials contained on the Site are subject to change. COMPANY endeavors to keep the information posted on this Site current, however, such information is subject to change at any time without notice to you and the posted information on this Site may not immediately reflect such changes.
6. Third Party Links and Advertising
This Site may provide links or references to other sites. If COMPANY has provided links or pointers to other web sites, no inference or assumption should be made and no representation should be implied that COMPANY is connected with, operates or controls these web sites.
COMPANY makes no representations, warranties or assurances as to any information in such sites, has no responsibility for their content and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. COMPANY disclaims any opinions expressed on such sites. Any links to other sites are provided merely for your convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply that COMPANY endorses the content of such sites. Where COMPANY is offering its own content (or content of an affiliate) on or through third party sites (whether by linking, framing or otherwise), your use or display of that content shall be subject to this Agreement.
COMPANY takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this Site, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or third parties found on or throughout the Site, including, without limitation, with respect to the payment and delivery of related goods or services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such parties and are not binding upon nor constitute obligations of COMPANY. You agree that COMPANY shall not be responsible or liable for any actions, losses, damages, liabilities, claims, judgments, costs or expenses of any nature or kind (collectively, “Claims”) incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Site, and you agree to indemnify COMPANY and its affiliates from and against any Claims incurred as the result of any such dealings.
If you are interested in creating hypertext links to this Site, you must contact COMPANY before doing so. In establishing hypertext links, you must not represent in any way, expressly or by implication, that you have received the endorsement, sponsorship or support of this Site or COMPANY, including its respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
Except as expressly provided otherwise, COMPANY disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the timeliness, sequence, quality, accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material contained on the Site. The Site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. COMPANY disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, mis-delivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material in respect of the Site or the use thereof.
Any communications sent to you via this Site or otherwise from COMPANY (including, without limitation, in the form of newsletters, electronic mail or via telephone), and the contents of this Site (including, without limitation, any technology, financial, investment, corporate, or tax information) are provided for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to provide legal, investment, financial, or tax advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. Your financial circumstances and tax situation is unique. Therefore, you should independently consult a lawyer or tax advisor.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE HEREIN OR IN AN APPLICABLE SUPPLEMENTAL AGREEMENT, COMPANY AND ITS DATA PROVIDERS WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO INCLUDE UP-TO-DATE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION IN THIS SITE, BUT ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. COMPANY AND ITS DATA PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE TECHNOLOGY, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITE. COMPANY AND ITS DATA PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SITE OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE SITE, AS WELL AS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH THE SITE OR THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE SITE.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA, THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING OR OTHERWISE OBTAINING SUCH MATERIAL.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply to you.
8. Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE HEREIN OR IN AN APPLICABLE SUPPLEMENTAL AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY, ANY OF COMPANY’S AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR DATA PROVIDERS, OR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, DELIVERING OR MANAGING THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE (COLLECTIVELY THE “SITE PROVIDERS”), BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CLAIMS WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, LOSS OF PROSPECTIVE ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE, ANY COMMUNICATIONS SENT TO YOU VIA THIS SITE OR OTHERWISE FROM COMPANY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN THE FORM OF ELECTRONIC MAIL OR VIA TELEPHONE), OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN SUCH INFORMATION, THE TRANSMISSION OF CONFIDENTIAL OR SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO FROM THE SITE PROVIDERS, AND INCONVENIENCE, DELAY OR LOSS OF USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF ANY ONE OF OR ALL OF THE SITE PROVIDERS IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SITE PROVIDERS ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY ARISING FROM ANY USE OF ANY PRODUCT, INFORMATION, IDEA, OR INSTRUCTION CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
9. Information Collected by Third-parties.
We may allow third-party companies that use tracking technologies, such as cookies or pixels, to record IP information about users who visit or interact with our website. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies.
1. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. The parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction of any dispute arising out of, or relating to, this Agreement or any dispute arising out of, or relating to, this Agreement or services provided in connection therewith shall be in the state and federal courts located in St. Louis, Missouri.
2. Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the entire and exclusive agreement between the parties, and it supersedes all previous communications, representations or agreements, either oral or written, between them with respect to this subject matter. No representations or statements of any kind made by any affiliate of COMPANY, which are not included in this Agreement, shall be binding on COMPANY or its affiliates.
3. Amendments. Neither you nor COMPANY may modify or amend this Agreement, in whole or in part without the prior written consent of both you and an authorized representative of COMPANY. However, COMPANY may replace this Terms of Service Agreement from time to time and your subsequent use of the Site, or any content, programs or materials provided through the Site, will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of such terms of service in force at the time of such subsequent use. You are advised to check this Global Terms of Service Agreement regularly for any modifications.
4. Waiver. No waiver of any provision herein shall be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of both you and COMPANY. COMPANY’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement or any right shall not be construed as a waiver of any such provision or right.
5. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be automatically reformed and construed so as to be valid, operative and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law or equity while preserving its original intent. The invalidity of any part of this Agreement shall not render invalid the remainder of this Agreement.
6. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of COMPANY and its subsidiaries and affiliates. Any and all references in this Agreement to COMPANY and its affiliates shall, where the context so permits, include COMPANY’s parent companies, sister companies, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents. The headings contained herein are for convenience only and shall have no legal or interpretive effect. Additional terms and conditions may apply when you use other services, affiliate services, third party content or third party software on or through a link provided on the Site.
7. Assignment. COMPANY may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
If you have any questions please contact usGo Back
Let's Get Started!
Take action now! Credit is all based on history and the moves we make today, this week, or this month will pay off later. The important actions you take now will be aged a few months when you start the mortgage process. Step one get your free credit report, Step two look for actual errors and contact the collection companies. Check out the worksheet download for more instructions. You can fix your own credit report if you know what to do. Follow these steps and you will be headed in the right direction.
How to Handle Collections
Proceed with Caution! This is the most important and dangerous of the six steps. Please proceed with care, do not consider contacting any collection company that has a date reported more than six months ago, download the worksheet on the right. The pay for delete strategy is your goal and above all, get every negotiation in writing, so you can correct the reporting on your own. Also, check out this video for 5 things a debt collector doesn’t want you to know.
Time to focus on Good Credit.
Time to bring down you balances. Paying down your balances is the safest way to improve your credit report. Your goal should be paying down your balances to 5-9% to get the most points available. Your goal should be five good credit cards that have never been late. Look for an older account that has gone dormant. If you reactivate it, you will benefit from all this history and safely increase your credit score. Just make sure that reactivating the card will not trigger a new credit inquiry.
How to remove a 30 day late
It doesn’t hurt to ask. In this video we talk about the good will removal of a 30 or 60 day late. Be sure to download the worksheet for a script on how to ask. This works best if you only had one late payment and a year has past since the “late” with no other payment problems. This can really help your credit and it will not cost you any more than some time. Remember, it doesn’t hurt to ask…
The best time to pay your bills
Most people believe that they should pay their bills on the due date. This time I share with you one tip that can give you a better credit score every month by never paying your bills on the due date again. By just finding your statement date and getting your balance down just before that date, you will enjoy a higher score all month for free.
Utilities and ending disputes
If you found actual errors in step one and disputed them with the repositories, you must end those disputes now! I can not tell you how many times credit repair companies have ruined a mortgage application because of the mass dispute strategy they all seem to use. You must take care of this prior to entering into the mortgage process. Are your utilities being reported on your credit report? You can pick up some additional points paying them down early, before the statement date.
Help me keep Six Steps to a Better Credit Score free. If you found this information helpful, please consider leaving a $1 tip.